COVID 19 Safety Review
Covid-19 /2020 – Family Visitation Guidelines
The Briton House is pleased to allow our residents to physically see family. However, we need your support and cooperation to ensure their safety. The procedures and guideline set below will help us do that. We thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding during these times as we work to keep everyone safe.
- Visitors MUST be screened at the front desk upon entry into The Briton House
- We recommend that visitors are tested for Covid-19 within 14 days of any visits
- Each visit can accommodate a maximum of two people from the same household
- The duration of the visit is a maximum of 30 minutes
- Visitors must bring a surgical mask
- Visitors must properly wear their mask at all times while in The Briton House
- A staff supervisor will meet visitors at the reception desk once they have passed the screening and escort them to the designated visiting area
- Visits will take place in the second floor Atrium and outdoors (weather permitting)
- When possible, visitors will be asked to take the stairs to the floor on which the visit takes place, as it helps maintains physical distance
- Visitors are not permitted to leave the designated visiting area for any reason
- Once the visit is finished, visitors must leave directly through the North Tower main lobby doors on the ground floor
- Visitors are not to socialize with any other residents
- The resident / family member being visited will meet visitors in the designated visiting area
- We ask that visitors refrain from hugging and other forms of physical contact
- We ask that visitors use the sanitizer available in the facility upon entrance and during the visit
- If visitors bring gifts/supplies they must leave them at the reception desk to be sprayed and sanitized
- Each designated visiting area will be sprayed and thoroughly sanitized between visits as per Covid-19 guidelines.
- Visitors are required to review and confirm, on a monthly basis, that they have watched 4 Public Health required videos on the Ontario Government’s website, as well as reading the following documents: Briton House Visitor Policy and Public Health Ontario’s document entitled Recommended Steps: Putting on Personal protective Equipment (PPE). Available here on our website: https://www.britonhouse.com/safety-review/
To book a visit with a resident, please contact one of our activation team members:
Matthew Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-487-3392 ext. 2044
Susan Blye at email@example.com or 416-487-3392 ext. 2023
Infection Control Guidelines
Proper Use of Masks:
The mask should cover your mouth and nose and should sit above your nose and under your chin. Squeeze the mask wire over the bridge of your nose. Do not pull the mask down at anytime
Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with sanitizer or soap and water.
Proper Handwashing Techniques:
Lather: Apply generous amounts of soap to the inside and back of your hands as well as your fingertips. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and don’t forget to wash under jewelry and fingernails.
Scrub: Rub hands together and move your fingertips around both hands.
Rinse: Return hands to the running water to wash away soap.
Dry: Completely dry hands (not rub) pat with a disposable paper towel
Things you can do to keep practicing physical distancing are:
– avoiding crowded places
– keeping 2 meters apart when outside of your home
– avoid physical contact such as handshakes and hugs
Putting on Full Personal Protective Equipment
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly put on full personal protective equipment.
Duration: 2 min
Taking off Mask and Eye Protection
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly take off mask and eye protection.
Duration: 1 min
Just Clean Your Hands Videos
How to Hand Rub
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly hand rub.
Duration: 1 min
How to Hand Wash
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly hand wash.
Duration: 2 min