COVID 19 Safety Review
Covid-19 /2020 – Essential Visitor Guidelines
Support workers and Caregivers are considered essential Caregivers and will have to follow the guidelines below. Each resident can designate up to 2 Caregivers which includes Private Duty Caregivers (not including support workers), as per government guidelines.
- Caregivers MUST be screened at the front desk upon entry into The Briton House
- Caregivers MUST be tested for Covid-19 within 14 days of any visits and prove negative results
- Each visit can accommodate a maximum of 1 Caregiver at a given time
- The duration of the visit is a maximum of 30 minutes
- Caregivers must bring a surgical mask
- Caregivers must properly wear their mask at all times while in The Briton House
- A staff supervisor will meet Caregivers at the reception desk once they have passed the
screening and escort them to the designated visiting area
- Caregivers providing emotional support/meaningful connection will visit in the second floor Atrium and on our patio (weather permitting)
- When possible, Caregivers will be asked to take the stairs to the floor on which the visit takes place, as it helps maintains physical distance
- Caregivers are not permitted to leave the designated visiting area for any reason
- Once the visit is finished, Caregivers must leave directly through the North Tower main lobby doors on the ground floor
- Caregivers are not to socialize with any other residents
- The resident / family member being visited will meet Caregivers in the designated visiting area
- We ask that Caregivers refrain from hugging and other forms of physical contact
- We ask that Caregivers use the sanitizer available in the facility upon entrance and during the visit
- If Caregivers bring gifts/supplies they must leave them at the reception desk to be sprayed and sanitized
- Each designated visiting area will be sprayed and thoroughly sanitized between visits as per Covid-19 guidelines.
- Caregivers are required to review and confirm, on a monthly basis, that they have watched 4 Public Health required videos from the Ontario Government, as well as reading the following documents: Briton House Visitor Policy and Public Health Ontario’s document entitled Recommended Steps: Putting on Personal protective Equipment (PPE). All available here on our website: https://www.britonhouse.com/safety-review/
Failure to adhere to The Briton House’ COVID protocols may result in the suspension of visiting privileges.
Infection Control Guidelines
Proper Use of Masks:
The mask should cover your mouth and nose and should sit above your nose and under your chin. Squeeze the mask wire over the bridge of your nose. Do not pull the mask down at anytime
Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with sanitizer or soap and water.
Proper Handwashing Techniques:
Lather: Apply generous amounts of soap to the inside and back of your hands as well as your fingertips. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and don’t forget to wash under jewelry and fingernails.
Scrub: Rub hands together and move your fingertips around both hands.
Rinse: Return hands to the running water to wash away soap.
Dry: Completely dry hands (not rub) pat with a disposable paper towel
Things you can do to keep practicing physical distancing are:
– avoiding crowded places
– keeping 2 meters apart when outside of your home
– avoid physical contact such as handshakes and hugs
Putting on Full Personal Protective Equipment
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly put on full personal protective equipment.
Duration: 2 min
Taking off Mask and Eye Protection
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly take off mask and eye protection.
Duration: 1 min
Just Clean Your Hands Videos
How to Hand Rub
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly hand rub.
Duration: 1 min
How to Hand Wash
Step-by-step demonstration of how to properly hand wash.
Duration: 2 min