Assisted Living is reserved for residents who require more care and attention. Each suite is a private studio-size room with a Juliet balcony and a private washroom that is equipped with safety bars. Draperies are included, and rooms will accommodate a bed, dresser, night table and a loveseat. A hospital bed, linens/bedding and towels are provided. Windows are completely secured and each suite has individually controlled heating and air conditioning. There is a lounge and dining room on each care floor reserved specifically for care floor residents.
In addition to three nutritious meals daily, snacks are available. A therapeutic bath area is located on the 8th floor. All residents may enjoy our beautiful indoor atrium and garden, recital hall, outdoor garden terrace, and indoor swimming pool when accompanied by family, friends or staff.
The following services are included on the care floors:
- Three meals daily in the designated Dining Room
- Registered Nursing staff is on-site 24 hours
- Rounds every two hours; repositioning of residents as needed during the night
- Medication supervision and administration
- Individualized assistance with bathing, dressing/undressing, and transfers
- Grooming/personal hygiene, toileting/incontinence management
- Daily group laundry, housekeeping and bed making
- General supervision and support, including at meal times
- Emergency Call System and 24-hour response
- Handrails in all hallways
- Ongoing nursing assessment and consultation
- Scheduling and reminders for medical appointments
- An in-house physician is available or residents may retain their own
- Encouragement and direction to participate in social events
- Mail is delivered to the nursing station on each floor
Additional services are available on a fee-for-service basis such as: foot care; hairdressing; guest meals in the main dining room; dry cleaning services; toiletries (ordered and delivered); and escorts to the main dining room, entertainment, appointments and hearing aid clinics.