Assisted Living Memory Care
Assisted Living Memory Care is reserved for memory-impaired residents. It is a secure unit with an open door concept. Each suite is a private studio-size room with a Juliet balcony and a private washroom with a bathtub equipped with safety bars. Draperies are included, and rooms will accommodate a bed, dresser, night table and a loveseat. A bed, linens/bedding and towels are provided. Windows are completely secured and each suite has individually controlled heating and air conditioning. There is a dining room and lounge specifically outfitted for the needs of the residents. In addition to three nutritious meals daily, snacks are available. When accompanied by family, friends or staff, all residents may enjoy the amenities of the Briton House. All memory-impaired residents are members of the Britonian Club.
The Britonian Club is a life-skills structured activities program. Residents actively participate in a variety of activities, with the intention of promoting increased self-confidence and self-awareness through improved social and cognitive skills. Activities include a variety of intellectually and physically appropriate challenges such as: baking; gardening; active and cognitive games; theatre arts; musical entertainment; and intergenerational programs. The Britonian Club runs from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm seven days a week. Our staff is trained to meet the unique social and therapeutic needs of our memory-impaired residents.
The following services are included on memory-impaired floor:
- Three meals daily in the designated Dining Room
- Britonian Club membership
- Registered Nursing staff is on-site 24 hours
- Rounds every two hours; repositioning of residents as needed during the night
- Medication supervision and administration
- Individualized assistance with bathing, dressing/undressing, and transfers
- Grooming/personal hygiene, toileting/incontinence management
- Daily group laundry, housekeeping and bed making
- General supervision and support, including at meal times
- Emergency Call System and 24-hour response
- Handrails in all hallways
- Ongoing nursing assessment and consultation
- Scheduling and reminders for medical appointments
- An in-house physician is available or residents may retain their own
- Encouragement and direction to participate in social events
- Mail is delivered to the nursing station
Additional services are available on a fee-for-service basis such as: foot care; hairdressing; guest meals in the main dining room; dry cleaning services; toiletries (ordered and delivered); and escorts to the main dining room, entertainment, appointments and hearing aid clinics.